Saturday, March 18, 2017

Getting back on track

Ever since my husband's last visit with the doctor, he got himself a Fitbit® and a health plan. Needless to say, I was happy to finally have a gym partner.

I'm moderately active than I was last year. I'm hoping this kind of active lifestyle will continue. I really want to keep my liver healthy as much as I can. I'm doing pretty well for someone who no longer has a gallbladder to burn off the fat. I'm still amazed my metabolism is fairly high.

The only thing I need to change is getting myself a prebiotic and probiotic supplement to help my digestive system going smoothly.

I've always had digestive issues since my childhood. Even now almost in my 40s, there are still more types of food I have to avoid.

I haven't been keeping up on my blood pressure. It's a chore. I know I should continue monitoring it if my doctor needs to see me again.

The mirtazapine is doing a wonderful job. I'm sleeping; however, I am still experiencing bouts of restlessness and an occasional nightmare. My depression is not as bad as it was last year.

The mobile applications I have been using to keep track of my health are:

MealLogger - I chose this app because it was simpler than the ones I've tried.
CardioTrainer - I chose this app because it has a map feature to show how far I've walked/run/cycled/jogged (You get the picture)
Period Tracker - I chose this app because it has a lot more features than just tracking my menstrual cycle

The YouTube channels I follow regarding cooking good food:
Nyonya Cooking - Malaysian Food
Chris Urbano: Maputing Cooking - Filipino Food
Just Eat Life - Thai and Filipino Food
Ochikeron - Japanese Food
Rosanna Pansino: Nerdy Nummies - Geeky themed Desserts
Sweet Treats - Desserts
Tastemade - Channel featuring Epicureans and Chefs around the world
Sweet the MI - Korean Desserts
Strictly Dumpling - Chinese Food

Ever since I told my husband my story on how my mother trained me how to cook 5-star restaurant dishes, he would take me to his favorite restaurant and ask me to make it at home. I don't mind it so much now, since he actually enjoys the food I cook.

That's all my health update for now. Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment